Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Where is your studio?
My piano teaching studio is in downtown Westfield.
What kind of students do you teach?
I specialize in teaching beginner-intermediate students, including children, adults, and seniors. I also have experience teaching students with special needs.
What kind of music do you teach?
A variety of musical genres: classical, pop, jazz, rock, sacred music and more. Studies in classical music offer an excellent foundation for playing in other genres.
How long are lessons?
I offer lessons in 30, 45 minute and 1 hour sessions. For serious piano students who wish to accomplish even more in their lessons, I highly recommend 1 hour lessons.
What do students need to bring to their first lesson?
Students need to regularly bring to their lesson a pencil or pen, a notebook, a folder, and a tote to keep notes. In addition, they will be assigned piano books and sheet music to purchase. They also need to have a piano keyboard set-up in place and/or a tuned piano at home on which to practice.
How much do lessons cost?
Please e-mail me for my rates, and I will be happy to get back to you.
What does my tuition pay for?
- An individualized curriculum of piano study tailored just for the student with a nationally certified professional who cares
- Sheet music and musical research done especially for the growing needs of the student
- Access to a quality acoustic piano in an internet-connected studio supplied with piano teaching games, off-the-bench activities, educational apps, and studio prizes/incentives
- Up to two exciting recital opportunities per year
- Studio operational expenses including maintenance, tunings, teaching tools, taxes and more
- Teacher's professional development including conferences. professional associations, literature and more
Do you offer any discounts?
Yes! I offer a siblings discount which consists of a discount applied toward the tuition of the sibling(s) of the first child. I also offer a senior discount.
What next step should I take, if I would like lessons for myself or my child?
The next step would be to fill out this contact form and I would be happy to follow-up with you for a required phone interview or call (413) 777-2885 (best time to call is in the evenings after 6pm, or please kindly leave a message or send a text to this number).